My red kitchen combined with the chaos of my 3 little ones, me rushing to make dinner before I go teach ballet, and all the colorful food stuck on the floor is just about too much energy for me, I nearly go mental. I love red, it just doesn't work for my lifestyle right now. Too bad it took me a year to figure this out.
I am planning a complete OVERHAUL with the kitchen in the year 2010. But, of course, on a budget (a very tight one).
- I want to paint the surrounding cabinets WHITE
- Granite countertops (tile most likely, cheaper.)
- Beadboard the island and paint that Espresso.
- Repaint the walls a calming, relaxing neutral
Enter: Sherwin Williams Color Visualizer (SUPER user friendly)
- Go to Sherwin-Williams.com
- Take a picture of your space and load it on their site
- Outline your different color choices (trim, walls etc)
- Pick your colors and start virtually painting!!!
Beware: It is addicting!!!
Which one is your favorite?