Thrifty Decor Chick introduced to me this amazing, cheap, easy, beautiful wreath using Ornament Balls. Read her tips, they were much needed in my case. But I do have a few of my own (from a non-crafter):
- Make sure the hanger is perfectly rounded, the way you want, before you put the balls on.. otherwise your wreath will look like a square...
- Don't freak out early on thinking yours is not going to turn-out (like I did), just stuff as many balls on there as possible and it will turn out fine.
- There is no way in heck that you will be able to twist that darn wire at the end to close it up, I sealed mine with a big FAT blob of hot glue (this is the "non-crafter" way of doing it).
- The wire may show when it is done and hung... that is ok! The balls are so pretty no one will notice (except my anal husband).
- It really is EASY and VERY PRETTY!
HOW TO:Get Styrofoam cones from Michael's and your balls (got mine at Walmart)
- Take off the tops, hot glue gun the tippy top to the Styrofoam pressing them right into it.
- I made lines from the bottom and staggered the lines going to the top. Once you get about 4 rows from the top start using your smaller balls
- Top with a large ball glued right into the tip. For filling in between the holes click HERE
- My little secret: I didn't cover all the way around... who's gonna know (besides all of you...). saved me time and money
After doing this (and thinking I was so creative to make this up), I saw it has already been done. Of COURSE it has! DUH! THIS one was done by a TRUE crafter. Filling the holes with little balls is a great idea, and adding a stand was genius!.... hey, I still love my novice version :)
After the trees turned out so pretty, I decided to make round clusters of them for my railing (I know, I am turning into a crafter before your very eyes...)
Just put them on a string
Finish it off with pretty ribbon and it turns it into a festive dream.
Did these little projects convince me to craft?... nah. I will stick with painting and decorating
*I know I look like a nerd in the reflection of the balls, please don't hold that against me :)