Accessorizing around Your Kitchen Sink

Sunday, May 9, 2010

First off- Happy Mother's Day! I have so much stuff to post but I never have time, so I had to wait until today to get one in (while hubby dresses the kids for church).


My corner kitchen sink and faucet are looking so beautiful after our remodel I had to redo all my accessories. I never was in love with my accessories before. A vase, a frame and some bottles of pasta was just something that could fill the space. Plus, I have quickly realized that when I hate the space I don't have much motivation to beautify it. But now I have more than motivation, I have inspiration!!!

I had been toying with some ideas for the blank space:

Some Candle Holders. These are from Pottery Barn.
I love this idea but wanted to use the candle holders for my family room on my buffet later.
I love these lanters. I was going to have 1 large lantern, a chunky candle and maybe a framed picture behind my sink. But for some reason I just didn't think this was the way to go (I want to use the lantern somewhere else! haha). PB again.

Adding a POP of color through these cheery flowers seems so fun. Especually by the sink while you do the most mundain job- dishes.

After all the ideas running through my head I headed to Michael's and in 15 minutes put together a perfect combination that works with my style, my budget, and my new kitchen.

I got 3 glass vases, all different sizes (the cheapest ones of course), and took them around the store with me and started filling them with things I loved (and things I could afford):

Green Apples. I LOVE green and I LOVE apples! Apples make me think of the kitchen and cooking and the bright green fills me with energy.

Willows and Marbles:
I had to sneak a pic of my cute daughter on Mother's Day :)

I took a $2 piece of Pussy Willow that my daughter is holding, and cut it up and placed them in the vase with Glass marbles on the bottom. The marbles remind me of water and the willows just, well, look cool and clean!

I had to add some dark rocks in there too. Rocks always remind me of a relaxing river. They are so Zen! Perfect next to the kitchen sink. Plus, I love the contrast of the dark rocks next to my green apples.

I love how it all turned out!
Ps. ignore the tile spacers in the background. The backsplash just needs to be grouted and we are DONE! YIPEEE!!!

Leave a Comment

  1. You are amazing!!! I love what you have done with your home Mikael! I can't wait to see your finished product! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the vase with the green apples and the other accessoires! You have such great ideas!
    Your daughter is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why woman are pearl jewelry a little crazy on pearl necklace? However, this case of problems you pursue? What is their purpose? Here I will inform you of the fact. Women buy pearl jewelry for her particular way, guys, they choose black pearl set for their brand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blog often and I really thank you for your information.

    This great article has truly peaked my interest. I will bookmark your website and keep
    checking for new information about once per week.
    I opted in for your Feed as well.

    Look into my site acoustic guitar chords for beginners

    ReplyDelete
  5. IT IS Genuinely Really Helpful FOR ME.I LIKE YOUR Publish Simply because IT IS Very Beneficial FOR ME AS Effectively. HOPING THE Same Very best Work IN THE UP COMING Days ALSO. THANK YOU!
    Paints colour ideas Nepal
    Cheap paints colors Nepal
    Wall Paints Nepal

    ReplyDelete

Got somethin to say or ask.. I hope it is nice ;) Love to hear from you!