Boy/Girl Shared Room {Inspiration Board}

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

When hunting for a home we originally wanted 4 bedrooms PLUS a bonus room.  As I looked at home prices in the location we wanted (a very desireable location) I quickly was forced to change my "priorities".  4 beds + a bonus was waaaaaayyyyyyy way way WAY out of our price range.  It wasn't going to happen.

Enter our dream Colonial.

This home is 2600 sq ft.  3 beds + bonus.  I like to use my bonus rooms as a bonus space (AKA: lock the kids in the bonus room and forget about them destroying things, so I can get some peace and quiet for 5 minutes), so that meant my 4 kids would be sharing.  My sweet daughter can kiss her pink girly private room GOODBYE!  She is now sharing with #4.

Enter my Boy/Girl Room.


As I write this we are building the Built in Bunks.  They are all over Pinterest, you can't miss 'em.

Built in bunks:

1. Make the room feel bigger
2. Create a private space for my daughter so she can still have her alone time before bed amidst the boys screaming and running around naked after baths.
3. Are just awesome looking!

I will post our progress.  But just to warn you... it will be slower than slow.  We have 4 kids now.  I teach ballet, run my own photography business, and I am still unpacking boxes! I am insane.  Why am I even doing this blog?!

 See you around soon (don't hold your breath...)

Mikael

Leave a Comment

  1. nice to see you post. its been forever since your last post and I think you are a super funny chick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog off a pin and I love it. Congrats on the house and I look forward to some great post.

    ReplyDelete

Got somethin to say or ask.. I hope it is nice ;) Love to hear from you!