Revealing my Kitchen Design

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Remember when I had the Kitchen Design Poll?

61% of you thought I should go with white, fresh and clean

39% thought that adding some color and golden tones would be best

In the end I had to follow my heart and do what my GUT was Screamin to me. So I picked:
Design #2. Bold and Beautiful. I had to consider the rest of my house. I love white, but I am definitely a COLOR girl. I am mainly attracted to warm tones with BURSTS of color. The Gialla Santa Cecilia granite was the perfect match to my home.

Mix the Gialla Santa Cecilia granite and Tumbled Travertine backsplash next to my clean and crisp white cabinets with the shine of stainless steal and you got yourself a beautiful kitchen! But I can't stop there!

Add some paint to the walls from Sherwin Williams-



BOLD patterns for my windows
And don't forget the fun splashes of COLOR that I am in love with!

Can you picture it? I did and I am in LOVE! We are almost there and then I can show it all off to you :)


Leave a Comment

  1. Oh man, what a trick...I am so excited to see what you've you've done! I'm sure it looks fabulous, and I love all your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,I am picturing it! Wow, it's gonna be BEAUTIFUL! Totally love the colours you're picking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait! I know it's going to be gorgeous! Love the choice of colors, patterns and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! This is exactly my kitchen, which I didn't get to select, but grew to love. The granite has great depth in it's crystal structure. The only downside of the granite is that it camouflages crumbs and stickiness (which sometimes is a good thing). Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is kind of my kitchen too, but with white cabinets and butcher block on my island. I love it, but agree with anon above. That granite hides crumbs like you wouldn't believe. I usually have to get eye level to it to really clean. I wouldn't trade it though! Good choice on the color to go darker. I tried 5 different shades of brown before I ended up with your first choice. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pattern you've chosen for your window is great! I actually love vintage designs, and that suits my preference well. I can almost picture your kitchen in my mind! It's kind of like the dream kitchen of many, too! What made yours different from the others is actually the fun splashes of apple green and orange! That's so playful for a kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I was very inspired to discover this website. The explanation becoming that this is this sort of an useful submit. I needed to thank you for this insightful read of the subject.
    Best wall painting Nepal
    Exterior paint colors Nepal
    Colour Nepal

    ReplyDelete

Got somethin to say or ask.. I hope it is nice ;) Love to hear from you!