Cottage Road Designs

Thursday, November 19, 2009

My sweet and talented cousin is the one behind Cottage Road Designs. She is a mother of 5, twin baby girls included. I have 3, counting my twin boys, and I don't know how she does everything she does and has creativity left over to run this adorable little business.


You have to check out her aprons. They make PERFECT Christmas gifts (she slips a cute recipe card inside). I have to admit I wear mine cleaning, changing diapers, doing laundry, and on the rare occasion when I actually "cook". It is so cute it may pass as lingerie :)

She makes this all natural, hand made lotion in between feeding and changing her twin baby girls, or maybe while they are napping.

Her original art she most likely does in between helping the older kids with homework.

Her creative journals she probably puts together after feeding her family of 7. Don't they just make you want to start a journal and keep it up everyday?

This one she calls Brave, happens to be my favorite and most emotional piece of art she has done.
Her inspiration behind the art:
I recently had twins to make five children. As I drove up to the school to pick up the older kids, the PE teacher wanted to look at the babies and then she looked around at the overly filled car and smiled at me and said, "you're brave." I said, "well, I don't know if it has anything to do with being brave." and she looked at me and said, "you are doing all this and you still have a smile on your face. That's being brave." I had never thought of it that way! So that's what inspired this painting.

Brittany is truly inspiring. She is a strong woman with a tender artistic talent. Visit her Etsy shop or even her blog. She has something for everyone.

From now through December she is giving FREE SHIPPING! Thanks Brittany for letting me show you off :)

Leave a Comment

  1. Wow, so much creativity by one person - makes me feel like a slacker! :-) Great stuff! I'm off to check out her site.

    pk @ Room Remix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Brittany who shares the love of art as I do. And she spells it the same way as me! COOL!

    brittany a Goings on at the Glenn's

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I love all her stuff! Those aprons are awesome, and she paints as well! I'll be checking her out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep I own one of her prints and it is proudly displayed on my mantel. And I wear one of her aprons to cook, I just love her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm brand new to your blog and love it! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mikael! Thanks for introducing your cousin... she's very admirable. How does she make time for it all? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Got somethin to say or ask.. I hope it is nice ;) Love to hear from you!