Once Upon a Table

Friday, January 15, 2010

Once Upon a Table

Once upon a time
, there was a busy Mommy of 3 little ones, who also happened to be a Princess.

The Princess grew tired of her old, second hand, dining table and knew it was about time for a new one that she could really love.

The Princess told her Prince that her dream dining set was this one from Pottery Barn that was priced at $2500! The Prince, a little shocked, loved his Princess so much that he gave her $2500 just for the table of her dreams.

However, the Princess was not accustomed to spending so much money on material things so she and her Prince went out to the village shops to see if they could find a similar table for less.

The first store
had a table that was not as good quality, but a lot less money than her dream table.

The second store
had a beautiful table you could build custom, but was MORE money than her dream table.

As the Prince and Princess grew tired of shopping, they came across a table at the third store. This was not her dream table but it was a lot less money... so they just bought it.

Once the table was in their home, the Princess really hated the table! It was too big, too manly, and just not her style! The table had to go.

The Prince, tired of the table drama, told his Princess "Just buy the table of your dreams and be done with it!!!!!"
The Princess thought about dropping $2500 on the PB, overpriced table but just couldn't do it! There had to be a better way......

The next day the Princess found a beautiful table at Pier 1 Imports for $500. Being the smart girl she was (and knowing that her 3 kids would scratch the table up in less than a day), she bought the display table, on a discount, for $300!!!
That day she drove home with the table and 2 new chairs (keeping the other 4 she had at home to total 6) all under $600.

The Prince was so happy that she saved $2000 that he said she could go get a NEW CHANDELIER!!!

.........
Of course the Princess wanted one from Restoration Hardware that was $1000, but seeing as the Princess is a smart shopper, she got a replica at Home Depot for a fraction of that cost.

And so it was, the Prince and Princess and their 3 children gathered round their perfect dining table and lighting fixture (the perfect combination of style and function), enjoying many meals to come with stashes of money filling their pockets from savings.


And the table (and chairs) lived Happily Ever After.... (well, as long as a table can last around 3 wild children....)

Linking this to:
Furniture Feature Fridays

Leave a Comment

  1. Fairy tales do come true! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful You certainly do have the prince as your hubby.
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, great job being so thrifty. Table and chairs look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow they look wonderful. You truly did marry a Prince didn't you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Pottery Barn too, but they are over priced.

    Good hunting, it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you wrote your post. Very cute! I like your new table too. looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeousness all over the place. You have a fun blog over here. You also write stories similar to mine as I make over furniture and room...very fun.

    Feel free to join my Make it for Monday party sometime. Would love to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute post and good for you for not spending $2500. The set you have looks great and I love the two leather chairs at the ends. I have two toddler boys and I always take comfort in the fact that I can refinish a piece of wood furniture if it gets trashed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, what a good story! I'm so glad it had a happy ending. :) Great job on finding the table AND the chandelier at an affordable price - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty! I like your final choice best of all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic story! LOL!

    I have that exact same table(the before table), but I feel like it REALLY has potential and am still working on hubs to let me paint it! We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janet, My original plan was to paint the other table but my husband said he didnt want to eat on a "painted table"... so nerdy!! I am still planning on painting it so I can sell it on craigslist for a load of cash!!! I KNOW it will look amazing redone, so good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, love that chandelier and great find on the table/chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Th once uopn a table is a wonderful post that has given novel ideas. Know all about it

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm gone to say to my little brother, that he should also visit this webpage on regular basis to take updated from most recent reports.
    refinishing hardwood floors

    my website: engineered hardwood flooring
    My web page - cleaning hardwood floors

    ReplyDelete
  17. If you want to obtain a great deal from this piece of
    writing then you have to apply these techniques to
    your won blog.

    My web site; hardwood floors

    ReplyDelete
  18. I for all time emailed this web site post page to all my
    associates, as if like to read it afterward my contacts will too.


    Here is my web blog; hardwood floors

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.
    I will bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly.
    I'm quite sure I will learn many new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!

    My web page ... hardwood floors

    ReplyDelete
  20. I quite like looking through an article that can make men
    and women think. Also, thank you for allowing me to comment!


    Also visit my weblog; zetaclear reviews

    ReplyDelete
  21. Most people go years without replacing those old microwaves.

    Another popular type of bike is the kick bike or scooter.
    This may be the season of giving and appreciating
    your loved ones.

    Also visit my site ... cloudfactory.eu

    ReplyDelete

Got somethin to say or ask.. I hope it's nice ;) Love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails