Friday, November 13, 2009

Frugal Friday

It's Friday. I love Fridays because it means I have the whole weekend with help- my husband! YAY! Nothing is better than that.

To kick off my weekend I couldn't resist sharing things that gave me warm fuzzies and put a smile on my tired face because the more money in my pocket, the more I can spend later :)

One of my favorite blogs, Our Suburban Cottage, mentioned this store called RESTORE. I had to check it out. Luckily my mother in law took the kids for an afternoon or there is no way I was fittin' this thing in my van with 3 little ones.
Among old door knobs, scraps of old tile and hardwood, shutters, windows, and brassy chandeliers (which I LOVE... to spray paint of course), I found this BEAUTIFUL, heavy, solid wood door for $30!!! It is going to be my future headboard (aka: future before and after victim), I can't wait for that project although it may take a while to get there. This darn fireplace project is taking forever! I also can't wait to get back to Restore again and find future before and after victims.

In my bathroom "Recycle Redo" I transformed an old, dated, red vase to a shiny, sparkly black piece of art. I spray painted it with my "oil rubbed bronze" I had leftover from the Mirror project. So the makeover was FREE (that word alone gives me warm fuzzies). I am so excited to see it in the bathroom.... but it does look pretty good sitting right here in my kitchen ...

5 comments:

  1. That door was such an awesome price at $30! It is going to look fantastic as a headboard. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one talented girl! I love that vase! And you have a nack for seeing things as they could be. I saw that door and only saw a door. A headboard? Great idea! Can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah. The ReStore is one of my favorite places on Earth! I just bought a few goodies there last week to work some magic on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that place! I've only been once cause it's downtown in a notsogreat area. I'm on the lookout for something specific so I may head back this week. (Without kiddo -- that's important!) ha! That door is BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH! It's like kismet! I was just thinking this morning about hitting u our local ReStore. I was there last week, and saw this footboard.headboard set... wrought iron, but someone had painted it RED with GLITTER. Ew. It is a twin and would look darling in our girly girls room, painted pink, of course... and silly me, I didn't buy it. AND it was only $10!! So I called them this morning, explained what I had wanted- and the guy went out, found it, and tucked it away for me. Ah, I'm gonna kiss him when I get there. There was also a nice little dresser for my daughters room I asked him to hold- he said someone had bought it last week, but they only hold it for 24 hours and she never came back. So, he's also holding it till I get there. Kisses for him, seriously. So, this weekend is going to be all about sanding, painting, and fixing up some "diamond in the rough" ReStore stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete

Can't wait to hear what you have to say! Make it short, long, or just a plain "HI". Tell me what you like, what you don't. Thanks again and keep reading :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails